Membership Benefits / How to Join
Strength Through ConnectionsMembership in EWTA provides “strength through connections”—invaluable networking and information transfer links between and among engineered wood product manufacturers and their product, equipment and service providers.
EWTA membership benefits include:
- Direct business-to-business links with your customers in the engineered wood products industry through such vehicles and events as Info Fair, an annual supplier show held in conjunction with the APA annual meeting; industry forums and seminars; APA annual meeting roundtables and workshops; company news and advertising in the APA/EWTA Engineered Wood Journal; and dissemination of your company news and technology innovations via this website and the EWTA e-newsletter.
- Free access to APA market forecast and housing reports.
- Discounts on APA events and Engineered Wood Journal advertising.
- Free company listing and profile in the annual meeting issue of the Engineered Wood Journal for EWTA Info Fair exhibitors.
- Member products and services directory.
- Annual meeting and other event sponsorship opportunities.
- Annual supplier awards recognition.
- Opportunities to exchange information with other EWTA members, APA members and APA staff via an EWTA advisory and subcommittee structure.
- Access to APA’s staff of quality, technical, market research, market communications, field services and other expert professionals.
- Opportunities to support, participate in and receive the results of important industry technical and market research projects.
- Access to APA laboratory and research resources in support of APA member-driven project and service requests.
Who Should Join
Any supplier of products, equipment or services to the engineered wood products industry will benefit from membership in EWTA. Examples of EWTA member products and services include:
Lathes ● Dryers ● Conveyors ● Presses ● Chargers ● Lay-up lines ● Blenders ● Clippers ● Sanders ● Embossing equipment ● Stacking systems ● Materials handling ● Log processing ● Environmental control equipment ● Quality control and grading systems ● Pollution control technology ● Adhesives ● Overlay and surfacing treatments ● Veneer sales ● Lubricants ● Release agents ● Machinery parts and service ● Plant design and engineering ● Mill optimization consulting services ● Packaging ● Strapping systems ● Trademarking and labeling ● Measurement equipment ● Spark detection and fire suppression systems ● Assembly systems ● Preservative treatments ● Electrical engineering ● Management consulting ● Employment services ● Training ● Safety equipment and services ● Recycling equipment
The annual cost of EWTA membership is just $1,200. New members may join anytime during the year at a pro-rated amount. To apply, complete and submit the membership application below.
EWTA Membership Application (PDF format)
For more information about EWTA membership, contact Terry Kerwood, managing director, 253-620-7237, firstname.lastname@example.org.
The EWTA Mission
Mission: To enhance the competitiveness and growth of the APA and EWTA memberships by:
- Providing resources to the APA members in their continual improvement process.
- Helping to grow the membership base by being ambassadors for the APA.
- Representing the interests of the APA/EWTA membership at regional, national and international venues.
- Providing a means by which business relationships within the membership are strengthened
Vision: To be the leading supplier organization in the engineered wood products industry.
EWTA is governed by the APA Board of Trustees and by an industry advisory committee comprised of APA and associate member company principals. The advisory committee identifies, plans, authorizes and funds activities and programs. The day-to-day operations of the association are administered by a Managing Director and support staff. Facilities are provided by APA.
John Murphy, Chair
Murphy Plywood Company
Tim Fisher, Vice Chair
APA - The Engineered Wood Association
Ashland Performance Materials
CARMANAH Design & Manufacturing
Hunt Guillot & Associates
Momentive Specialty Chemicals, Inc.
Raute Canada Ltd.
Roseburg Forest Products
Samuel Strapping Systems
Tolko Industries Ltd.
Willamette Valley Company
EWTA MembershipApplication Form
New Sponsors Welcome
Sponsoring the Connections newsletter is a great way to connect with APA members and support your association.
Contact our office today at mailto:EWTA@apawood.org or call 253-620-7237 for rates and information.
Newsletter sponsorship is included when you sponsor Info Fair and the APA Annual Meeting.