- 03.31.14 APA Issues New System Report: Using Wood Structural Panels with Raised-Heel Trusses Construction method provides simple steps to meeting the lateral and wind uplift load requirements of the IRC
- 03.17.14 ICC and APA Present Wall Bracing Seminars Program helps demystify 2012 IRC wood wall bracing provisions
- 02.25.14 2014 International Wood Composites Symposium to be Held in Seattle
48th IWCS presented by Washington State University in collaboration with APA.
- 02.04.14 ICC and APA Team to Publish Guide to IECC-Compliant Wood Walls
IECC Compliance Options for Wood-Frame Wall Assemblies now available as a free PDF download.
- 01.27.14 APA to Discuss Advanced Framing at 2014 International Builders' Show
Discussion will focus on techniques for efficient, cost-effective framing practices featured in APA's Advanced Framing Construction Guide.
- 03.27.14 APA System Report: Use of Wood Structural Panels for Energy-Heel Trusses This APA System Report outlines an efficient, cost-effective construction solution for meeting the lateral and wind uplift load requirements of the IRC using wood structural panels with raised-heel, or energy-heel, trusses. Issued March 2014.
- 03.23.14 ANSI/APA PRP 210-2014 Standard for Performance-Rated Engineered Wood Siding American National Standard provides requirements & test methods for qualification & quality assurance for performance-rated engineered wood siding, a veneer-based, structural-use product. ANSI/APA PRP 210-2008 also available. Updated March 2014.
- 03.13.14 Case Study: Placer River Trail Bridge With its graceful glulam beams and elegant symmetry, the Whistle Stop pedestrian bridge, the longest clear-span glulam timber truss bridge in North America, fits well within the picturesque setting of a remote Alaskan forest. Issued March 2014.
View 400+ APA publications online.Sign up for
APA Publication Updates
CODES AND STANDARDS
APA is accredited by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) to develop national consensus standards for engineered wood products.
Featured APA Sites
Connecting building & design professionals with technical information & recommendations.
More than 250 free CAD details for wood-frame construction. Detalles ahora disponibles en español.
Non-construction applications of engineered wood panels.
The online resource for learning about engineered wood.
Answers to your questions about engineered wood products and systems. Call 253-620-7400 or contact us online.
Assisting designers, specifiers, builders and APA members throughout North America. Contact your local representative.