MDO (Medium Density Overlay) Plyform - Concrete Form Panels
Special proprietary MDO Plyform is available for concrete forming. Regular MDO or MDO – General is intended for use as a paint surface and should not be used for concrete forming. Panels are typically overlaid on only one side, although they can be produced with MDO on both sides. During plywood production, these overlays are bonded to the plywood under high heat and pressure in a press. The function of the overlay is to add stability, repel foreign substances from the surface and provide a smoother and more durable forming surface. The thermosetting phenolic resins used in overlay production are hard and resist moisture, chemicals and abrasion.
MDO Plyform is normally factory-treated with a release agent and edge-sealed to protect the edges from water absorption. The abrasion-resistant surface should be treated with a release agent prior to its first use and between each pour to preserve the surface and facilitate easy stripping. MDO Plyform panels create a matte or flat finish on the concrete surface.
Medium Density Overlay Manufacturers (MDO)
Concrete Forming Manufacturers
- Boise Cascade Company
- Coastal Treated Products
- Eagle Plywood Specialties
- Georgia-Pacific Wood Products LLC
- Hardel Mutual Plywood Corporation
- Hood Industries, Incorporated
- Murphy Company
- Natron Wood Products
- Olympic Panel Products LLC
- Pacific Wood Laminates, Inc.
- Plum Creek
- Potlatch Corporation
- Richmond Plywood Corp. Ltd.
- Roseburg Forest Products Company
- Savona Specialty Plywood Company Ltd.
- Swanson Group Mfg. LLC.
- Timber Products Company
- Westlam Industries Ltd.
- Product Guide: HDO/MDO Plywood
- PDF 1.2MB
- Case Study: Washington State Historical Museum
- PDF 151K, Free Download