B-B and B-C Plyform Concrete Form Panels
Nonoverlaid Plyform is usually made with B grade veneer face and B or C grade veneer back and referred to as “B-B Plyform” or “B-C Plyform.” These panels are available as Structural I, Class I or Class II. The panels are sanded on both sides and treated with a release agent at the mill (called “mill oiled”) unless otherwise specified.
Unless the mill treatment is reasonably fresh when the panels are first used, the plywood may require another treatment of release agent. It is also important to apply a top-quality edge sealer before the first pour. Plyform panels can be ordered edge-sealed from the mill. Five to ten reuses of B-B and B-C Plyform are common.
Concrete Forming Manufacturers
- Boise Cascade LLC
- Coastal Treated Products
- Eagle Plywood Specialties
- Georgia-Pacific Wood Products LLC
- Hardel Mutual Plywood Corporation
- Hood Industries, Incorporated
- Murphy Company
- Natron Wood Products
- Olympic Panel Products LLC
- Pacific Wood Laminates, Inc.
- Plum Creek
- Potlatch Corporation
- Roseburg Forest Products Company
- Savona Specialty Plywood Company Ltd.
- Swanson Group Mfg. LLC.
- Timber Products Company
- Westlam Industries Ltd.
- Technical Topics: Dusting of Concrete Poured Against Plywood Forms
- PDF 443K, Free Download
- Technical Topics: Staining of Concrete Poured Against Plyform
- PDF 455K, Free Download
- Technical Topics: Wood Grain Visible in Finished Concrete
- PDF 803K, Free Download
Concrete Forming Design & Construction Guide
This free publication from APA contains grade information, form maintenance recommendations, design data and more.