Using I-Joist Compatible Glulam
When the depth of the glulam matches the depth of the I-joists it is supporting, it is called an I-joist compatible glulam or IJC beam. IJC beams are supplied in depths of 9-1/2", 11-7/8", 14" and 16" to match the depths of I-joists used in residential construction. This allows ceilings to be framed flush with no need for extra furring out. These members are also supplied in widths of 3 1/2" and 5 1/2" to match conventional 2x4 and 2x6 wall framing.
Product Manufacturers (Glulam)
- Anthony Forest Products Company
- Arizona Structural Laminators, LLC
- Art Massif Structure De Bois Inc.
- Boise Cascade Company
- Calvert Company, Incorporated
- Diversified Wood Resources, LLC, dba American Laminators/Duco Lam
- FraserWood Industries Ltd.
- Goodlam, Division of Goodfellow Inc.
- GR Plume Company, Inc.
- Gruen-Wald Engineered Laminates, Inc.
- Mississippi Laminators, Incorporated
- Nordic Engineered Wood
- QB Corporation
- Riddle Laminators Incorporated
- Shelton Lam and Deck
- Stark Truss Company, Inc.
- Structurlam Products Ltd.
- TECOLAM Inc.
- Western Archrib
- Western Structures, LLC