Plywood - The Original Engineered Wood Product
Manufactured from thin sheets of cross-laminated veneer and bonded under heat and pressure with strong adhesives, plywood has been one of the most ubiquitous building products for decades.
Plywood manufactured by APA member mills is available in a wide variety of appearance grades ranging from smooth, natural surfaces suitable for finish work and underlayment to more economical grades used for wall sheathing and subfloors. With more than a dozen common thicknesses and over twenty different grades, it’s easy to specify the right panel for the job.
For Detailed and Technical Information
If you're looking for detailed and technical information on plywood, you may wish to jump directly to the plywood section of the Publications Store. Here you will find a complete listing of all APA publications featuring plywood, including case studies, technical sheets, builder tips and more. Many of these publications can be immediately downloaded for free. This section is searchable by keyword.
The APA Mark of Quality
APA trademarks appear only on products manufactured by APA member mills. The mark signifies that panel quality is subject to verification through APA audit– a procedure designed to assure manufacture in conformance with APA performance standards or the standard shown in the mark.
- Product Guide: Performance Rated Panels
- PDF 2.8MB
- Product Guide: Sanded Plywood
- PDF 1.8MB
- Product Guide: HDO/MDO Plywood
- PDF 1.2MB
Related Product Reports
- APA Product Report PR-E710 Qualified Structural Panels With Low Formaldehyde Emissions
- PDF 86K, Free Download
- APA Product Report PR-N117, Louisiana-Pacific Corporation
- PDF 100K, Free Download
Product Manufacturers (Plywood)
- Boise Cascade Company
- Coastal Treated Products
- Eagle Plywood Specialties
- Georgia-Pacific Wood Products LLC
- Hardel Mutual Plywood Corporation
- Hood Industries, Incorporated
- Murphy Company
- Natron Wood Products
- Olympic Panel Products LLC
- Pacific Wood Laminates, Inc.
- Plum Creek
- Potlatch Corporation
- Roseburg Forest Products Company
- S.D.S. Lumber Company
- Savona Specialty Plywood Company Ltd.
- Scotch Plywood Company, Inc.
- Swanson Group Mfg. LLC.
- Timber Products Company
- Tolko Industries Ltd.
- Westlam Industries Ltd.
iTunes App Store, the Google Play Store or Amazon’s Appstore for Android.
FREE CAD DETAILS
Visit APACAD.org for more than 250 free CAD details for wood-frame construction.