APA is a great place to work and grow. As a matter of fact, the average length of service for an APA employee is 14 years! APA employees are the key to developing and maintaining successful partnerships with our members.
At APA, we value education, experience, creativity, innovation, responsibility, and a true sense of customer service. When considering applicants for career opportunities, we look for these attributes. We employ scientists, engineers, technicians, marketing specialists and quality auditors familiar with engineered wood systems. We also employ individuals with management, administrative and operational backgrounds.
Many of our employees work at our Tacoma, WA headquarters. Career opportunities are occasionally available at major metropolitan areas throughout the United States and Canada.
We value diversity among our employees and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
APA employees are rewarded with competitive compensation and benefit plans. We offer:
- Major medical, dental and vision plans
- Group life, AD&D and long-term disability plans
- Long-term care insurance for employee and eligible family members
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Paid vacation, sick leave and holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- Flex time
- Family and medical leave
Current Job Openings
Click on the position title to open a PDF file with a description of the position.
- Administrative Assistant, part time, Tacoma, WA
- Engineered Wood Promotion Specialist, Sacramento, CA
- Engineered Wood Promotion Specialist, Orlando, FL
- Market Communications Manager, Tacoma, WA
- Senior Engineer, Tacoma, WA
For more than seventy years, APA - The Engineered Wood Association has focused on helping the industry create structural wood products of exceptional strength, versatility and reliability. Combining the research efforts of scientists at APA’s 42,000-square-foot Research Center with the knowledge gained from decades of field work, and cooperation with our member manufacturers, APA promotes new solutions and improved processes that benefit the entire industry. For more information: