International Wood Composites Symposium
20I3 International Wood Composites Symposium:
Market Dynamics, Product Development, Process Innovation
April 3 – 4, 2013
The Red Lion on Fifth Avenue
Seattle, Washington, USA
This year's International Wood Composites Symposium (IWCS), presented by Washington State University in collaboration with APA – The Engineered Wood Association, offers an industry-driven symposium to address markets, policies, codes, new developments and innovations for the wood composites industry. View the sponsors.
IWCS topics will include the latest developments in:
- Fiber, particle, and strand composites
- Plywood, veneer, and engineered wood products
- Wood-polymer composite materials
Listen to resource managers, regulators, harvesters, and primary and secondary manufacturers in wood and wood-based composite products industries discuss the latest developments in their fields.
The symposium will provide attendees with the opportunity to:
- Network with international colleagues.
- Hear industry leaders identify key global trends, challenges, and opportunities.
- Learn about the latest technology innovations in MDF, fiberboard, particleboard, OSB, plywood, and LVL manufacturing.
- Browse and network through the poster displays and vendor booths.
The registration fee includes abstract book, Tuesday reception, Wednesday technical forum reception, Wednesday and Thursday continental breakfasts, Wednesday and Thursday lunches, refreshments, and the full proceedings. Early registration (by March 4, 2013) is $595. After March 4, the registration fee is $695. Registration for students is $200. View additional registration fee information or Register online now.
- Tuesday, April 2
Pre-Symposium Welcome reception, hosted by WSU and APA. Be sure to come to Seattle early to attend the welcome reception. Meet attendees from APA and get answers to your wood composite questions.
- Wednesday & Thursday, April 3-4
Keynote speakers, presentations, networking reception, Technical Forum poster session, and vendor displays.
Symposium Organizing Sponsors
Platinum Level Sponsors
Gold Level Sponsors
Panel quality scanning systems for
Global leader in the production of MDI-based resin binders for Particleboard, MDF and OSB
We create chemistry for a sustainable future
Silver Level Sponsors
To learn more, visit the Washington State University International Wood Composites Symposium Website, which includes:
- Online registration
- Call for symposium posters
- Hotel & travel information
- Event contact information
- Past conference proceedings
To receive symposium updates via email, subscribe to the Composite Materials and Engineering Center mailing list.