APA Help Desk: Expert Support
The APA Product Support Help Desk, a free service, is available to answer your questions pertaining to the specification and application of engineered wood products and systems. Staffed by specialists who have the knowledge to address a diverse range of inquires related to engineered wood, the Help Desk receives hundreds of e-mails, faxes, and phone calls each week from a wide variety of users and specifiers of engineered wood products.
Contact the Help Desk
- Call (253) 620-7400 weekdays 7AM to 4PM Pacific Time (or leave a message anytime)
- Submit your question via our website contact form
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is marine-grade plywood?
- What are mold and mildew, and can they compromise the integrity of engineered wood?
- Which is stronger, plywood or OSB?
- Does structural panel siding have shear values?
- What panel grade should be used when the architect specifies underlayment?
- What is the difference between Structural 1 and Exposure 1?
- What is the difference between Exterior and Exposure 1?
New and Revised Publications
Mobile Builder Tips
The new mobile-friendly formatted Builder Tips are still available for free download in PDF form and for purchase. Click on the links for details.
Cut Callbacks with Proper Spacing, Form M300. Updated May 2013.
Construct a Solid, Squeak-Free Floor System, Form Q300. Updated May 2013.
Minimize Nail Pops, Form S300. Updated May 2013.
Storage and Handling of APA Trademarked Panels, Form U450. Updated May 2013.
APA Panels for Soffit Applications, Form N330. Updated May 2013.
Form Q350 Builder Tips: Proper Storage and Handling of Glulam Beams, Form R540. Updated May 2013.
Performance Walls: Simplified Bracing Method Streamlines Design, Form P310. Issued April 2013. Available for purchase and as a free downloadable PDF.
Structural Panel and Engineered Wood Yearbook, APA Economics Report E179, Form MKO-E179. Issued April 2013. Available for purchase only as a PDF.
APA System Report: APA Simplified Wall Bacing Method, Form SR-102, Updated March 2012. Available as a free downloadable PDF or for purchase as a printed 12-page brochure.
Register for Free APA PDF Publications
Sign up to download a wide variety of free APA publication PDFs. Also includes options to receive the monthly e-newsletter, APA Publication Update, the bi-monthly e-newsletter Building Code Professionals, and notification of seminars in your area.