APA Help Desk: Expert Support
The APA Product Support Help Desk, a free service, is available to answer your questions pertaining to the specification and application of engineered wood products and systems. Staffed by specialists who have the knowledge to address a diverse range of inquires related to engineered wood, the Help Desk receives hundreds of e-mails, faxes, and phone calls each week from a wide variety of users and specifiers of engineered wood products.
Contact the Help Desk
- Call (253) 620-7400 weekdays 7AM to 4PM Pacific Time (or leave a message anytime)
- Submit your question via our website contact form
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is marine-grade plywood?
- What are mold and mildew, and can they compromise the integrity of engineered wood?
- Which is stronger, plywood or OSB?
- Does structural panel siding have shear values?
- What panel grade should be used when the architect specifies underlayment?
- What is the difference between Structural 1 and Exposure 1?
- What is the difference between Exterior and Exposure 1?
New and Revised Publications
APA System Report SR-405: Fire Protection of Floors Constructed with Prefabricated Wood I-Joists for Compliance with the IRC, Form SR-405, issued July 2014
Case Study: Kelowna Office Building, Form Q210, issued July 2014
Consejos Para Los Constructores: Evite el Pandeo con un Espaciado Adecuado, Form M300 LA, updated July 2014
Consejos Para Los Constructores: Construir un Sistema de Piso Sólido, Libre de Chirridos, Form Q300 LA, updated July 2014
Consejos Para Los Constructores: Minimice los Clavos Sobresalientes, Form S300 LA, issued July 2014
APA System Report: Use of Wood Structural Panels for Energy-Heel Trusses, Form SR-103, issued March 2014
IECC Compliance Options for Wood-Frame Wall Assemblies, Form P320, issued January 2014
APA Publication Catalog, Form B300, updated January 2014
Mobile Builder Tips: The new mobile-friendly formatted Builder Tips are available for free download in PDF form and for purchase. View on your desktop or mobile device.
Register for Free APA PDF Publications
Sign up to download a wide variety of free APA publication PDFs. Also includes options to receive the monthly e-newsletter, APA Publication Update, the bi-monthly e-newsletter Building Code Professionals, and notification of seminars in your area.