In addition to the wealth of information available in our publications, APA offers numerous educational programs to build your knowledge about engineered wood products and applications. APA's educational programs include:
- APA Help Desk: answers to your questions about the specifications and applications of engineered wood products and systems. Call 253-620-7400 or contact us.
- Build a Better Home: offering construction details and tips to prevent moisture intrusion in residential construction.
- Facebook: Follow APA on Facebook and stay up-to-date on the latest APA publications, news and activities.
- Field Services: APA reps are available throughout North America to educate and assist designers, specifiers, builders and APA members in a variety of ways.
- Free From Mold: APA’s consumer-oriented supplement to the Build a Better Home program, offering tips for homeowners to maintain a moisture-free home environment.
- Home Projects: plans and building information for three Do-It-Yourself outdoor Handy Plans.
- Performance Walls – Advanced framing reccomendations and resources to help designers, builders, engineers and code officials better understand, design, build and enforce code-required wall bracing systems.
- Seminars and Tradeshows: In-person informational presentations to promote the use of engineered wood products in virtually every application imaginable.
- Webinars: Live and archived webinar presentations, accessible from your computer.
- Wood University: APA’s online educational portal, offering free online courses about engineered wood products and applications with the opportunity for continuing education credits.
If you are looking for the definition of a specific word or term related to the engineered wood industry, visit our glossary of terms at WoodUniversity.org.
For more than seventy years, APA - The Engineered Wood Association has focused on helping the industry create structural wood products of exceptional strength, versatility and reliability. Combining the research efforts of scientists at APA’s 42,000-square-foot Research Center with the knowledge gained from decades of field work, and cooperation with our member manufacturers, APA promotes new solutions and improved processes that benefit the entire industry. For more information: