APA has a long and extensive history in building codes and standards development activities. It serves, for example, as the secretariat for the standing committees of U.S. Product Standard PS 1 for Structural Plywood, the consensus softwood plywood standard, and Voluntary Product Standard PS 2, the U.S. harmonized performance standard developed under the U.S.-Canada Free Trade Agreement. APA has developed performance standards over the years for numerous products, including, for example, plywood siding, wood structural panel sheathing, structural glued laminated timber (glulam), wood I-joists, rim board, and cross-laminated timber. APA issues APA Product Reports designed to help manufacturers expedite market entry of their products.
APA is accredited by the following state, national or international organizations:
- American National Standards Institute (ANSI), as a Standards Developer for development, publication, and promulgation of American National Standards
- Standards Council of Canada (SCC), as an accredited Certification Body in accordance with ISO/IEC 17065 and CAN-P-1500
- International Accreditation Service (IAS), as an accredited Inspection Agency (AA-649) in accordance with ISO 17020
- International Accreditation Service (IAS), as an accredited Testing Laboratory (TL-215) in accordance with ISO 17025
- The Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation (DBPR), as a Product Certification Agency (CER2512)
- The Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation (DBPR), as a Product Testing Laboratory (TST2513)
- The Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation (DBPR), as a Product Quality Assurance Entity (QUA2521)
- The Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation (DBPR), as a Product Validation Entity (VAL3120)
- City of Los Angeles, as a Compliance Assurance and Testing Agency (No. 22192)
- Miami-Dade County, as a Testing Laboratory (Certification No. 10-0817.11)
Japanese Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry, and Fisheries (MAFF), as a Registered Overseas Certification Body (ROCB), Registration No. 6
ANSI Standards Development
As a national standards developer accredited by ANSI, APA has published or is in the process of developing the following national consensus standards.
Click on a standard to learn more: