- 07.08.14 Thompson River Accepted into Membership
British Columbia manufacturer is the fourth Canadian plywood producer to join APA in 2014
- 06.17.14 APA and AIBD to Present Wall Bracing Webinar Series
Free five-part series will cover multiple aspects of wall bracing, including bracing for higher seismic and wind zones
- 06.05.14 Moore, Oklahoma, Amends Building Code to Require More Wind-Resistant Construction Systems Tornado-specific building code provisions include the use of continuous wood structural panel sheathing
- 06.04.14 Three Canadian Plywood Mills Approved for APA Membership With additions, APA membership will represent roughly 60 percent of Canada’s plywood production
- 05.28.14 2013 APA Safety and Health Award Winners Announced
Program honors manufacturers for safety strides
- 07.25.14 Case Study: Kelowna Office Building Kelowna, BC office building pairs CLT (cross-laminated timber) and glulam post-and-beam framing to reflect the region’s rural character. CLT’s slim profile, ease of installation and beauty all contributed to the project’s success. Issued July 2014.
- 07.23.14 Consejos Para Los Constructores: Minimice los Clavos Sobresalientes Clavos sobresalientes en construcción. Spanish version of Builder Tips: Minimize Nail Pops, Form S300. View on mobile devices at www.apawood.org/buildertips. Issued July 2014.
- 07.23.14 Consejos Para Los Constructores: Construir un Sistema de Piso Sólido, Libre de Chirridos Construcción de pisos. Spanish version of Builder Tips: Construct a Solid, Squeak-Free Floor System, Form Q300. Replaces Form E305 LA. View on mobile devices at www.apawood.org/buildertips. Updated July 2014.
View 400+ APA publications online.Sign up for
APA Publication Updates
CODES AND STANDARDS
APA is accredited by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) to develop national consensus standards for engineered wood products.
Featured APA Sites
Connecting building & design professionals with technical information & recommendations.
More than 250 free CAD details for wood-frame construction. Detalles ahora disponibles en español.
Non-construction applications of engineered wood panels.
The online resource for learning about engineered wood.
Answers to your questions about engineered wood products and systems. Call 253-620-7400 or contact us online.
Assisting designers, specifiers, builders and APA members throughout North America. Contact your local representative.