- 08.28.14 ICC-ES and APA Publish First Joint Evaluation Report for Engineered Wood Products
The International Code Council Evaluation Service (ICC-ES) and APA — The Engineered Wood Association have published the first Joint Evaluation Report for engineered wood products.
- 08.05.14 APA Publishes New System Report: Fire Protection of Wood I-Joist Floors
Report delineates fire-protection options that satisfy 2012 International Residential Code (IRC) requirements
- 07.08.14 Thompson River Accepted into Membership
British Columbia manufacturer is the fourth Canadian plywood producer to join APA in 2014
- 06.17.14 APA and AIBD to Present Wall Bracing Webinar Series
Free five-part series will cover multiple aspects of wall bracing, including bracing for higher seismic and wind zones
- 06.05.14 Moore, Oklahoma, Amends Building Code to Require More Wind-Resistant Construction Systems Tornado-specific building code provisions include the use of continuous wood structural panel sheathing
- 09.08.14 Advanced Framing Construction Guide This guide details several advanced framing techniques. For more information, see APA Technical Topics: Wind Resistance of Wood Structural Panel Sheathed Walls, Form TT-110. Revised September 8, 2014
- 07.29.14 APA System Report: Fire Protection of Floors Constructed with Prefabricated Wood I-Joists... This APA System Report, Fire Protection of Floors Constructed with Prefabricated Wood I-Joists for Compliance with the IRC, provides prescriptive I-joist floor assemblies that comply with 2012 IRC Section R501.3. Issued July 2014.
- 07.25.14 Case Study: Kelowna Office Building Kelowna, BC office building pairs CLT (cross-laminated timber) and glulam post-and-beam framing to reflect the region’s rural character. CLT’s slim profile, ease of installation and beauty all contributed to the project’s success. Issued July 2014.
View 400+ APA publications online.Sign up for
APA Publication Updates
CODES AND STANDARDS
APA is accredited by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) to develop national consensus standards for engineered wood products.
Featured APA Sites
Connecting building & design professionals with technical information & recommendations.
More than 250 free CAD details for wood-frame construction. Detalles ahora disponibles en español.
Non-construction applications of engineered wood panels.
The online resource for learning about engineered wood.
Answers to your questions about engineered wood products and systems. Call 253-620-7400 or contact us online.
Assisting designers, specifiers, builders and APA members throughout North America. Contact your local representative.