- 07.08.14 Thompson River Accepted into Membership
British Columbia manufacturer is the fourth Canadian plywood producer to join APA in 2014
- 06.17.14 APA and AIBD to Present Wall Bracing Webinar Series
Free five-part series will cover multiple aspects of wall bracing, including bracing for higher seismic and wind zones
- 06.05.14 Moore, Oklahoma, Amends Building Code to Require More Wind-Resistant Construction Systems Tornado-specific building code provisions include the use of continuous wood structural panel sheathing
- 06.04.14 Three Canadian Plywood Mills Approved for APA Membership With additions, APA membership will represent roughly 60 percent of Canada’s plywood production
- 05.28.14 2013 APA Safety and Health Award Winners Announced
Program honors manufacturers for safety strides
- 04.29.14 APA System Report: Use of Wood Structural Panels for Energy-Heel Trusses This APA System Report outlines an efficient, cost-effective construction solution for meeting the lateral and wind uplift load requirements of the IRC using wood structural panels with raised-heel, or energy-heel, trusses. Updated April 2014.
- 03.23.14 ANSI/APA PRP 210-2014 Standard for Performance-Rated Engineered Wood Siding American National Standard provides requirements & test methods for qualification & quality assurance for performance-rated engineered wood siding, a veneer-based, structural-use product. ANSI/APA PRP 210-2008 also available. Updated March 2014.
- 03.13.14 Case Study: Placer River Trail Bridge With its graceful glulam beams and elegant symmetry, the Whistle Stop pedestrian bridge, the longest clear-span glulam timber truss bridge in North America, fits well within the picturesque setting of a remote Alaskan forest. Issued March 2014.
View 400+ APA publications online.Sign up for
APA Publication Updates
CODES AND STANDARDS
APA is accredited by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) to develop national consensus standards for engineered wood products.
Featured APA Sites
Connecting building & design professionals with technical information & recommendations.
More than 250 free CAD details for wood-frame construction. Detalles ahora disponibles en español.
Non-construction applications of engineered wood panels.
The online resource for learning about engineered wood.
Answers to your questions about engineered wood products and systems. Call 253-620-7400 or contact us online.
Assisting designers, specifiers, builders and APA members throughout North America. Contact your local representative.