- 05.13.13 APA Launches Mobile Builder Tips
Publication series for construction professionals now optimized for faster viewing from tablets and smartphones.
- 05.02.13 2012 APA Safety and Health Award Winners Announced
Program honors manufacturers for safety strides in the structural panel and engineered wood industry.
- 04.23.13 APA Releases 2013 Market Outlook
Growth in wood production, including a 17 percent boost in I-joist manufacturing, expected as economy and housing continue to improve.
- 04.02.13 U.S. Forest Service, APA Announce Winners of the Carbon Challenge Design Competition
$20,000 in prizes awarded in contest challenging building designers to consider the environmental impact of building materials for homes in Providence and Baltimore.
- 06.14.13 ANSI/APA PRS 610.1: Standard for Performance-Rated Structural Insulated Panels in Wall Applications Provides requirements and test methods for qualification and quality assurance for performance-rated SIPs, which are manufactured with a foam plastic insulation core bonded between two wood structural panel facings intended for use in wall applications.
- 05.31.13 Technical Topics: California Fire Approvals for APA Siding The APA 303® grooved plywood sidings, T1-11 and Reverse Board & Batten, have passed the SFM Standard 12-7 test as required by the California State Fire Marshal (SFM) for use in California areas designated as Wildland-Urban Interface. This publication details the layups of these two sidings, representing minimal plywood siding constructions as typically found in the marketplace. They may be installed direct-to-studs. Available only as a downloadable PDF. Revised May 31, 2013.
- 05.31.13 Technical Topics: Allowable Depth-To-Width Ratios for Glulam Beams Prescriptive lateral-bracing recommendations. Available only as a downloadable pdf file. Revised May 31, 2013.
View 400+ APA publications online.Sign up for
APA Publication Updates
CODES AND STANDARDS
APA is accredited by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) to develop national consensus standards for engineered wood products.
Featured APA Sites
Connecting building & design professionals with technical information & recommendations.
More than 250 free CAD details for wood-frame construction. Detalles ahora disponibles en español.
Non-construction applications of engineered wood panels.
The online resource for learning about engineered wood.
Answers to your questions about engineered wood products and systems. Call 253-620-7400 or contact us online.
Assisting designers, specifiers, builders and APA members throughout North America. Contact your local representative.