The APA Field Services team consists of full-time engineered wood specialists located throughout North America. These engineered wood specialists include engineers, architects, and construction experts who are available to provide information and recommendations to construction and design professionals.
What is an Engineered Wood Specialist?
The services of APA's Engineered Wood Specialists are paid for by the engineered wood industry, so their services are free. APA's Engineered Wood Specialists are located across North America and work with construction industry professionals who design with, specify, install or inspect engineered wood products (EWPs). Engineered Wood Specialists are available to assist with questions regarding code compliance, manufacturing, design, specification and installation of EWPs or other questions related to wood-frame construction with EWPs.
Areas of Expertise
Each APA representative is available to provide consultation and seminar training on topics such as:
- Advanced Framing: Best Practices for Design and Implementation, IECC Compliance
- Code Changes Affecting Engineered Wood
- Designing with Glulam Beams
- Fire Protection of I-Joist Floors
- Frame for Success: Avoid Callbacks
- I-Joist and LVL Floor System Installation
- Moisture and Mold Prevention in Building Assemblies
- Nonresidential Framer Training
- Shear Walls and Diaphragms, Force Transfer Around Openings (FTAO), the APA FTAO Calculator
- Wall Bracing: IRC Compliance, the APA Wall Bracing Calculator, APA Simplified Wall Bracing Method
Seminars and Webinars
The Field Services team conducts education and training seminars and webinars on the above topics and more. Seminars are typically presented to residential builders, commercial contractors, architects, engineers or code officials.
APA Field Services Representatives
Regional Engineered Wood Specialists
New Braunfels, TX
Mount Laurel, NJ
Greenwood Village, CO
New Smyrna Beach, FL
San Diego, CA