The APA Field Services team consists of full-time engineered wood specialists located throughout North America. These engineered wood experts include engineers, architects, and construction experts who are available to provide information and recommendations to construction and design professionals.
What is an Engineered Wood Specialist?
The services of APA's Engineered Wood Specialists are paid for by the engineered wood industry, so their services are free. APA's Engineered Wood Specialists are located across North America and work with construction industry professionals who design with, specify, install or inspect engineered wood products (EWPs). Engineered Wood Specialists are available to assist with questions regarding code compliance, manufacturing, design, specification and installation of EWPs or any other questions related to wood-frame construction with EWPs.
Areas of Expertise
Each APA representative is available to provide consultation and seminar training on topics such as:
- Nonresidential Framer Training
- Force Transfer Around Openings (FTAO)
- IRC-Compliant Wall Bracing
- APA Simplified Wall Bracing Method
- The APA Wall Bracing Calculator
- Advanced Framing for IECC Compliant Walls
- Moisture and Mold Prevention in Building Assemblies
- I-Joist and LVL Floor System Installation
- Fire Protection of I-joist Floors
- Shear Walls and Diaphragms
- Code Changes Affecting Engineered Wood
- Top Ten Framing Challenges—and How to Solve Them
- Picture Perfect Framing—Minimizing Common Callbacks
- Preventing Floor Squeak and Callbacks
- Minimizing Roof Imperfections and Callbacks
- Designing with Glulam Beams
- Inspecting Engineered Wood Applications
Seminars and Webinars
The Field Services team conducts education and training seminars and webinars on the above topics and more. Seminars are typically presented to residential builders, commercial contractors, engineers, designers, lumber dealers or wholesale lumber distributors. To request a meeting or seminar, contact one of the regional managers listed below.
APA Field Services Representatives
Direct Line: (253) 620-7423
San Diego, CA
Regional Engineered Wood Specialists
New Braunfels, TX
Mount Laurel, NJ
Greenwood Village, CO
Port Orange, FL