APA Product Reports®
APA Product Reports® help building officials and design professionals determine a product's conformance with codes and national, international or industry recognized standards. APA issues these reports to document the compliance of an engineered wood product that is manufactured under a quality program audited by APA. APA Product Reports signify the product's compliance with the relevant provisions in the model building codes.
APA Product Reports are assigned based on product classes, as shown below:
- L-Series: Products manufactured from lumber, veneer or other wood base for use as lumber or timber substitutes, such as glulam, I-joists, and structural composite lumber (SCL).
- N-Series: Products manufactured from non-veneer (mat-formed) substrates, such as oriented strand board (OSB).
- V-Series: Products manufactured from all veneers, such as plywood.
- C-Series: Products manufactured from composite substrates, such as hardboards, mixed with at least a veneer lamina.
- E-Series: Products of any of the above types that have environmental attributes qualified through testing and periodic monitoring.
- S-Series: Products of any of the above types that are parts of engineered wood systems qualified through testing or engineering analysis.
- ESR-Series: Products of Series L, N, V, and C that have been evaluated and approved by both International Code Council Evaluation Service (ICC-ES) and APA.